playing with Daddy while Mommy got dressedEmma went to sleep in the car, but as soon as we hit traffic around 8:30 she started to stir a little. Luckily she stayed asleep, even when we got there and had to wait. We waited maybe 20 minutes and get to the clerks window, only to be told that the hospital where she was born was in Montgomery County. So basically we woke up early and drove into Houston for nothing. So much for the "helpful" workers.
Luckily my sister works at Rice and we were only a couple of miles away, so we gave her a call and went to see her. Emma hadn't eaten since 5:30 and it was almost 10am, so I knew I could feed her there.

Emma and Tia LuLu

go Rice Owls!We gave Emma a 5oz. bottle, took some pics, then headed to eat brunch. It was Emma's nap time, so she didn't want to be in her carseat at the restaurant, but she did fine. Of course she fell asleep in the car on the way home. She actually napped until 2:30 and the rest of the day included more eating, playing, checking the mail, bath and she went to sleep for the night at 10:15.
playing with Daddy
such a big girl!On Wednesday we started our day at 8:00am. Emma woke up once during the night at 2am to eat. I fed Emma for 45 minutes and then she played and watched a baby program on TV while I ate breakfast. She ate again at 10:00am for 50 minutes and then I put her to sleep. I layed her down in her co-sleeper and she took an hour and a half nap! She's never done that, but hopefully she'll continue! While she napped I was able to take a shower, get dressed and put her laundry away. When she woke up at 12:30 I got her dressed and fed her for 30 minutes. After that we headed to Baytown to go see my college roomie and her new baby. Emma slept in the car, so she was in a good mood when we got to Hannah's. Emma was able to meet Harper, who just turned 3, and Calin, who's about a month and a half younger than Emma. Sadly we didn't get any pictures because one of the babies was always fussy. Emma did pretty good though and just sat on my lap and watched Harper playing. I also gave her a 5 oz. bottle there. We left about 4:30pm when she started getting fussy because she was tired. We will definitely be meeting up again to get pictures of our girls dressed in their UT finest!
After we left Hannah's we went to see Pipa since my parents only live about 15 minutes away. Pipa's recovering from foot surgery so Emma cheered him up. She fell asleep in the car for a little bit. When Nanis got home she put Emma to sleep and she napped for 45 minutes. At 6:30pm I fed her again and we ended up staying for dinner. We finally got home at 8:30pm and quickly did her 11 week photo shoot in her room. Emma did so good on the way home and was awake the whole time. She just looked around and at her hanging toys.

constantly chewing on her hand, causing the need for a bib
After the photo shoot Emma played and talked to Daddy, I fed her at 9:15 and she went down for the night at 10:15pm. It was a busy but good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment