background

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Week In Our Life

So having a baby has made me an even worse blogger than I was before! I really want to use this blog as a journal to document our lives and most importantly so Emma will have lots of pictures and stories from her life. I have so many posts that I want to write, but since these past almost 11 weeks have flown by, I want to be sure and document my last week of maternity leave. Yup, that's right, the time has come that I have to go back to work and if I talk about it much more I'll start crying! All I can say and what I have to keep reminding myself is that God has a plan for us and he won't give me anything I can't handle. So here we go!


This pic is from this past Saturday. Tray has been fishing in a local bass club and he won 2nd place at this tournament, so of course we had to go cheer Daddy on! Afterwards we went to Hobby Lobby and even though I tried, Daddy kept his hard earned fishing money!





On Sunday Emma woke up at 7:45 am to eat after going to bed at 10:30 the night before. Woo hoo! Since I was rested I went into the living room to feed her, fully expecting that she was ready to start the day. She surprised me and fell back asleep after eating for 45 minutes, so I did too! We didn't get back up until 10:30 and unfortantely didn't make it to church.

Afterwards we played some, ate some more and pretty much bummed around. Emma didn't really nap so around 1:45 I knew she was tired and decided to go grocery shopping with her because I knew she would go to sleep. This was the second time I'd gone grocery shopping alone with her and I used the Baby Bjorn. I thought for sure she would fall asleep right away like the last time, but nope! She looked around and sucked on her pacifier for about 40 minutes and then finally fell asleep the last 15 minutes of the trip. When we got home she ate some more, played some more and then had a bath.

It may not look like it in the picture, but she loves her baths! She was actually getting whiny before the bath and then stopped while in the tub. She started whining again when I took her out! I knew she was tired so she ate again and took a late nap around 6:30 pm. It didn't last long and she was up again at 8:00, ate for 40 minutes and then finally went down for the night.



Today (Monday) Emma woke up at 7:45 and ate for 45 minutes. She got up once last night at 2:15 to eat. After she ate this morning she played with Daddy while I got ready and then we headed to a breastfeeding support group at the hospital. We went to the group about 6 times while on my leave and I really liked going just to talk with the other moms and to hear that what I was going through was normal! I also loved having the lactation consultant there for any questions that I had.

After the group we stopped by Children's Place to check out the sale. I got a couple of cute things for Emma. She was awake the whole time but then started getting fussy. It was nap time so luckily she fell asleep in the car and I was able to go to Target for a couple of things. When we got home she slept for a little bit longer. When she woke up I fed her and she fell back to sleep. I let her sleep on me for about 20 minutes and then when I tried to put her in her swing she woke up. Since she woke up we went for a little walk to get the mail and around our little park. We played some when we got back. She loves to look at her toys and her feet and hands. She's not quite grabbing for things yet, but will study them and occasionally swipe at them.




After playtime it was dinner for everyone and then she got her bath. I love bathtime because she's so calm and I love to see her little feet in the water. After bath she ate again and went down for the night around 9:15 pm.


This pic was from our walk. I couldn't resist the glasses, but as you can see, they're a wee bit big on her! I still think she looks super cute!



I love the way she looks in her legwarmers! She gets really hot with her footed sleepers on, so I'll just do the onesie and legwarmers every now and then.





UPDATE: I started this post Monday night and finished it today, Tuesday. Yesterday I found out that my work had called mandatory meetings for everyone. I pretty much knew what was going on and today I got the call. After August 31st I will no longer have a job with ECI. This is very bittersweet for me. I love my job and will truly miss everything about it. However, now I might have more time with Emma. The layoffs just happened alot quicker than I thought so we aren't prepared for me not to work. All of the unknowns scare me but I know that everything happens for a reason and He will provide for us. God has heard my prayers.





No comments: