background

Sunday, December 12, 2010

22 Weeks Baby Update


Due date: April 16th

Size of baby: well, it says that baby is the size of a papaya this week...that's almost a pound and about 11 inches. I'm guessing baby girl is probably a tad bit bigger since she was measuring big at the last ultrasound.

How much total weight gain/loss: I'll get the official count on the 21st, but I think I've done the most growing this week so far, so I'm guessing the scale isn't going to look pretty!

Maternity clothes: pretty much 75% of the time now and then lots of tunics and leggings. I picked out some new things this weekend that I'll get for my birthday, so that will be nice. My mom and I were at Motherhood and I tried on the belly on top of my belly and I don't want to get that big! I know I will at the end but it didn't look pretty!

Movement: Still feeling her everyday! I think I may have had my first Braxton Hicks contraction this week, but after looking at the pictures of baby's supposed position in my belly (head down like she's upside down), it could have been a foot! I was walking into Hobby Lobby and all of a sudden the top right of my stomach got ROCK hard and I felt lots of pressure on the area! It lasted for about 5 seconds and then was gone. It was really weird! I thought Braxton Hicks were lower so who knows what it was!

Sleep: not bad, but I keep freaking out because there have been a couple nights where I wake up on my stomach in the middle of the night! As soon as I turn over or on my side I'll feel her move so it scares me that I was squishing her! Either that or she's a light sleeper and wakes up whenever I move!

Latest food craving: still no major food cravings. And I think Tutti Frutti may be a Sunday tradition! Going on 4 weeks...at least it's only frozen yogurt!

Are you more scared or excited: still excited this week. I've bought more things here and there and we went looking for material for the nursery. I also started rearranging some things upstairs so all that has made it exciting.

Happy or mostly moody: still happy, not too moody.

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I did tear up this week when we were watching an episode of Kendra. (yes I watch that) She had left the baby for the first time and she was talking to him on the phone and then he said "mama" or something like that. It was cute and sad. Other than that, no crying!

Any pregnancy brain stories: this wasn't so much a pregnancy brain moment as much as a "OMG I have to think about another person now" moment. You know how you get the Kohl's $10 rewards all the time? Well I had 2 and decided to use them. I usually forget about them but Tray has used them a couple of times for socks and underwear. I was looking at maternity stuff and didn't find anything I liked so I started to head to the men's department for Tray when I had an AHA-light bulb-HELLO! moment. I could buy baby clothes now! I hadn't even thought about it until I was passing the baby section, so now baby girl has some new onesies for when she comes home and a couple of outfits for later on.

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: no weird dreams this week.

Worst part of the week: I experienced my first leg cramp/charlie horse and it wasn't fun! I've NEVER had one before and last night, at like 3 o'clock in the morning, I was changing positions and stretched my legs out and my calf tightened up so bad for like 10 seconds. It was not fun!

Best part of the week: doing some more shopping and finally getting all of the ornaments on our Christmas tree!


Love, Mariel

No comments: