background

Monday, December 20, 2010

This and That

*We had a good weekend this past weekend. Tray was so excited for winter break when he got home Friday! I worked today and still have to work tomorrow, but then I'm off until January 3rd! WooHoo! We have a long to-do list for the break that includes wrapping presents, cleaning, finish purging unecessary stuff, registering and rearranging and organizing rooms upstairs.


*One of Tray's coworkers got us a gift for baby girl that was so sweet!
Cute towel and baby blanket.

cute summer outfit

4th of July outfit that includes a hat!


*On Saturday we went to my parents house to hang out before heading out to eat for my birthday. Since my birthday is so close to Christmas we usually don't do anything too big besides go out to eat, which is fine with me. I got tons of maternity clothes, make up, a magazine subscription I wanted and other fun things. I wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory to eat, but driving into Houston to the Galleria on the Saturday before Christmas and not being able to make a reservation at the restaurant didn't sound like it would turn out too good, so we had Mexican food instead. Fajitas and free ice cream? Yes please.


*On Sunday I had wanted to take the dogs to see Santa at PetsMart, but at the last minute we decided that while our dogs love to be social, they don't so much have the best social etiquette and we didn't want to be THOSE people with the unruly howling dogs! So instead we decided to head to the mall to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Before we pulled out of the drive way I told Tray that we were going to be patient and nice. It actually wasn't bad at all and we were able to cross some things off our list. We ate at PF Changs for the first time and we weren't disappointed. I don't usually vary much when ordering Chinese food, so beef and broccoli it was! However, before baby, I never used to finish my food at restaurants. 99% of the time I would have leftovers or Tray would have a second meal. Since being pregnant, I think I've only brought home leftovers a couple of times! I'm not sure how I feel about eating as much as my husband!


*Since getting pregnant I knew that if it was a girl I wanted a shabby chic nursery with floral print bedding. I couldn't find an affordable pre-made set that I liked anywhere, so I decided to look for fabric. I found some online but started to second guess myself (I'm very indecisive) and was nervous about ordering online and then not liking the color in person. Well, when we were out shopping we decided to look at Pottery Barn Kids. I had looked in there before but I never really looked at the bedding because like other nursery sets I'd seen I for one, thought the set would include unnecessary items that I didn't want like a quilt and diaper hanger, and two, would be super expensive. While browsing all the super cute stuff I found this bedding and fell in love! I love the birds and owls and all the colors! And I can still make it shabby chic with accessories. The best part is that their set only includes the bumper, sheet, and skirt, which is exactly what I wanted! It's way cheaper than I thought it would be and I'm excited to start decorating! Now I can pick out a paint color and go crazy with decorating! And the best part? Tray even likes it, after admitting to me that he actually hated the fabric I was looking at online! Men!


how cute will this pillow be on her glider?!

I'm thinking she needs this chair with her name on it to take pictures in!

*That pretty much brings you up to date on what's been going on in the Saunders household! I still have last minute shopping to do (did I mention I'm also a procrastinator?) that I'm planning on doing Wednesday with my sister. I also need to get pictures from my mom's camera and do a picture post to go along with some of the happenings of the past few weeks. Happy Holidays!

No comments: