background

Sunday, December 26, 2010

24 Weeks

Merry Christmas everyone!



24 Weeks Baby Update

Due date: April 16th

Size of baby: her length is about the size of an ear of corn. After our appointment on the 21st we know she is weighing 1 lb 4 oz! She was only measuring a couple of days ahead this time as opposed to a week ahead like she was at our last ultrasound!

How much total weight gain/loss: I was right about growing the most these past couple weeks! I gained 8 lbs. this past month putting me at a total of 25! As soon as I stepped off the scale I asked the nurse if I was in trouble and she said "Nah." She said most women gain the most between 20-28 weeks and that was by far my most weight gain in a month, so she said I was fine and my doctor didn't say anything at all. I'm actually okay with this and I've come to terms with my body and as long as I continue to be healthy and baby girl as well, that's all that matters.

Maternity clothes: majority maternity with some regular leggings and tops. I got some more clothes for Christmas and a giftcard to Motherhood from my SIL, so I'm pretty set for right now.

Movement: this morning I SAW some movement! She's starting to kick harder, especially when I'm laying on my side in bed. I got worried the other night because I had stopped feeling her around 8pm. When I woke up around 2am to use the restroom I didn't feel her move and I always feel her in the middle of the night, especially when I get up. I layed there for a few seconds and then I felt her kick a couple times. Since then I've felt her alot, so I guess she was just having a calm night!

Sleep: still good!

Latest food craving: still no major cravings. In the past 48 hours I've eaten WAY too many sweets, so I need to cut back! Especially because I need to take my glucose test sometime in the next week!

Are you more scared or excited: I admit that it's been a little scary as the weeks go by and we get closer to meeting our girl! And it's not really scared about the labor and delivery or being parents, it's just anxiousness and nervousness about everything. She got lots of gifts for Christmas and pulling out all those tiny clothes and shoes has me nervous more than anything!

Happy or mostly moody: I've been a little bit of both lately.

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I cried a couple of times this week, but nothing major.

Any pregnancy brain stories: I don't know what it was, but in the past 24 hours I have not been able to talk! I keep mixing up words and saying crazy things like "bind wlew" instead of "wind blew"! (in regards to the wind blowing all the leaves onto our porch) On the way home I was saying something about tree skirts to Tray and instead I said dog skirts. Then when we got home last night I was talking to Boomer and I was trying to tell him Merry Christmas, but instead "Happy Birthday" comes out!

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: not that I can think of.

Worst part of the week: my back pain is better, but I still have the itchy/burning skin. And I've also been extremely congested, but at least I don't have a sore throat or anything else.

Best part of the week: all of the family time we've had and definitely seeing our little one dancing around again during the ultrasound! I wish I could have an ultrasound at every appointment!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Appointment recap:

We had my monthly appointment on Tuesday afternoon and it was the perfect way to kick off the holidays! We had the ultrasound first and I liked the tech alot better! I had 3 questions and I didn't even have to ask them because she answered them in the course of doing the ultrasound. The whole reason why we had this second ultrasound was because they couldn't get a good look at her spine last time because she wouldn't flip over. This time I was sure to have fruit punch with me to get her active. She was definitely active! We saw her opening and closing her mouth, moving her arms and body, and pulling her legs up in a ball position. However, the one thing she didn't do was of course flip over! The tech was pushing and prodding all over my belly and had me rolling on my side. We decided that she was just being stubborn and the first thing I said was "I know where she gets that from!" (That would be my stubborn, hard headed husband and baby daddy!) The tech said that she wasn't worried about anything being wrong, but she didn't feel comfortable signing off that she had seen everything. She was trying to look at the very end of the spine to make sure everything looked good and there wasn't anything extra. She said that we would probably have another one, but when I saw my OB a few minutes later she said that they would compare the 2 ultrasounds first and if they weren't satisfied, I would have another.

We saw all 4 parts of her heart and all the fluid and other measurements look good. She showed us how she's positioned with her head right below my belly button and her booty on my right side. She's kind of laying in there a little diagonally. Her heartbeat was 146 and she's definitely still a girl! It was pretty amazing to compare last month's ultrasound and this month's and to see all the changes! Her head and belly look bigger, she doesn't look as "bony" and her facial features are more defined! She's already the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

Next up will be my glucose test and then I start to see my OB every 3 weeks instead of 4! I can't believe how fast it is going and I'm really trying not to stress about the weight gain and other things so I can enjoy this experience and remember everything! It helps having such a supportive husband that makes me laugh through all of the "embarrassing" pregnancy moments and still tells me I'm beautiful!

No comments: