It's just me back for the 12 week update. I can't believe I'm already 12 weeks! It seems like just yesterday we found out that I was pregnant and here we are at 12 weeks! It was a pretty good week and I topped it off with a trip to Canton on Saturday. Yes, that means I didn't watch the Texas-OU game, but I don't think I missed much. I was able to listen to the last quarter on the radio and I think that's pretty much what the whole game was like. Oh well! We're still planning to go to a game in November, so it should be exciting. I haven't been back on campus since I graduated, so I'm excited and hope we get to go!
12 week Baby Update
Due date: as far as I know April 16th, but I have my second appointment this Friday so we'll see
Size of baby: baby is the size of a plum now
How much total weight gain/loss: according to my scale I've gained 2 more pounds, putting me at a total of 6. We'll see what the doctor's scale says.
Maternity clothes: I'm totally in the inbetween stages right now. I can wear small maternity shirts and all of my old shirts, but jeans are another story. One day this week I put on a pair of my regular jeans and felt uncomfortable so I decided to be comfortable and wore my maternity jeans. Well, I was so UNcomfortable all day because they're still a little big and I had to keep pulling them up all day. I did go buy some maternity shorts for Canton, but even those I had to keep pulling up.
Movement: still nothing
Sleep: I've been sleeping really good this past week.
Latest food craving: I guess my comfort food craving still hasn't completely gone away. For some reason I was wanting either chicken fried steak or chicken pot pie. I haven't had either of those things in a REALLY long time, but it just sounds so good! Luckily I got one of the 2 when we went to Canton. We stayed in Tyler and ate at Cheddars and I got their chicken pot pie...it didn't disappoint! I do have to say though that my extreme hunger has subsided and I can go more than 2-3 hours between meals!
Are you more scared or excited: it was pretty exciting to go to Canton and see all the cute baby stuff! Of course they have way more cute stuff for baby girls, but they had boy stuff too. For some reason I have a feeling that it's going to be a girl, so we shall see!
Happy or mostly moody: I've been really happy this week thanks to the gorgeous weather we've been having! I got to break out the fall decorations and I'm thinking I need to bake something! I know it sounds cheesy, but this weather just literally puts me in a better mood!
Last time you cried over something ridiculous: SHOCKING ALERT: I didn't cry this week! We may be turning a corner here!
Any pregnancy brain stories: not really, I'm just still trying to put things in the wrong place, like seasoning in the freezer.
Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I can't remember a weird dream that I had, I've just been having alot of the same type of dream. I plead the 5th on what "type" of dream that is!
Worst part of the week: I've had a pretty good week, but there was one day where I quickly got EXTREMELY tired. It kind of scared me because it made me feel sick how tired I got. I still had another visit to do for work, so my only 2 options were to take a nap in my car or go to Starbucks and get some caffeine. Given some of the neighborhoods I work in there was no way I could take a nap in my car, so Starbucks it was and I enjoyed my first caffeine in a couple of months. Thankfully it worked.
Best part of the week: baby wise, I finally told my manager at work, so the secret is completely out! So far everyone has been really excited for us. In general, getting to drive to work with the windows rolled down and not needing the air conditioner in the morning. And Tray and I have been able to go on 2 of our long walks through the neighborhood and it is so nice!
Well that's it for this week. I finally took an 11 week belly pic, but haven't uploaded pics in a long time. Maybe a little more procrastinating and I'll get those uploaded soon. I'm excited to go to my appointment on Friday. I was just telling Tray this week that it doesn't even feel like I'm pregnant because the past 2 weeks have been uneventful and I've felt completely normal. I know I'm not supposed to feel much, but maybe once I officially "pop" it will hit me. And hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Friday. That will really make it feel real! I got to see it at my first appointment, but I haven't heard it yet. More updates coming soon!
Love, Mariel
No comments:
Post a Comment