

So there are my first 2 belly pics from 11 weeks (left) and 12 weeks (right).
I'm back for the 13 week update. I had my second appointment on Friday and it went really well! I got to hear the heartbeat and it was so neat! As soon as she put the doppler on my belly I heard it beating away! Beating strong in the 160s! She said it wasn't the best doppler they had so she was worried it might take a while to find baby, but baby knew right where to be! I was surprised at how low baby is right now, but she said it will start moving up in my belly as it gets bigger. I also got results of blood tests and she said they couldn't be more perfect! On with the updates....
13 Weeks Baby Updates
Due date: April 16th
Size of baby: well, one website says the size of a medium shrimp, and the other says a peach. I think that's a pretty big difference, but looking at it measurement-wise, it's about 2.9 inches and .81 oz.
How much total weight gain/loss: still 6 pounds according to my scale. The doctor's scale said I only gained a pound in the last month, so I guess that's good.
Maternity clothes: I pretty much wore my normal clothes this week. I did have a parent ask me if I was cooking something in the oven, so I guess some people are noticing! Maybe other people think I'm just getting chubby!
Movement: still nothing
Sleep: It's been alright. I only get up once now to go to the bathroom, but it usually takes a while to fall back to sleep, sometimes an hour!
Latest food craving: it's not really a craving, but I have been eating a lot of pickles lately. And I've had a few homemade fruit smoothies for breakfast that are really good. Still doing great with the whole hunger thing. I think everyday this week I actually went 4 or more hours between breakfast and lunch...that hasn't happened since before I was pregnant!
Are you more scared or excited: I haven't really been scared. I went to Sam's and got our first box of newborn diapers and that was pretty exciting! For some reason though I felt like everyone was looking at me and I don't know why!
Happy or mostly moody: still happy. I really haven't been moody at all since getting pregnant, although Tray might tell you differently!
Last time you cried over something ridiculous: well I did cry once this week, but can't really pinpoint a reason as to why. It seems like the littlest things that never used to bother me upset me now, but I get over it really quickly.
Any pregnancy brain stories: nope
Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: well I had another dream that we were having a girl, but it was weird how we found out. I dreamt that I went into labor really early and didn't remember a thing about it. In my dream I was worried that they had taken me to the wrong hospital to deliver and the only thing I remembered was them saying it was a girl. Then we were all of a sudden at home and I was looking for her so I could feed her. The end.
Worst part of the week: I didn't really have a bad part of the week.
Best part of the week: of course getting to hear the hearteat! I have to admit I was a little worried. I wasn't worried that anything was wrong, I just felt weird that I wasn't having any symptoms except being tired, but I guess it's not that bad if I don't have any bad symptoms. Now I'm excited to start the second trimester, which is supposed to be the best!
Well that's it for this week. I'll get Tray to take a 13 week pic and post it later. I have a busy week at work this week, so hopefully it won't be too bad. We also have one of our nieces birthday parties on Saturday and it's a bowling party. It's been a long time since I've been bowling, probably since I worked as a camp counselor in college, so it should be interesting!
Love, Mariel
No comments:
Post a Comment