We had Emma's party the day after her birthday, which was Saturday the 28th. I went back and forth between wanting to go "all out" with decorations and people, or just keeping it simple with a few decorations and family. In the end I wanted it to be super special and not too crazy, so we just had family over and I loved all the decorations that I made.
The banner on the cabinet says "You Are My Sunshine," which was the theme of her party. That's the first song I sing to her every night before bed and it couldn't be more perfect!
My hands down favorite decor was her monthly banner! I loved seeing how much she's grown! Confession time: almost a month later I still have it hanging up because I love it so much.
I also loved these GIANT balloons! I first saw them on Lyndsey's blog and had to have them! I ended up finding some at Party City. They came in a pack of 6 for $12 so I'm excited that we have some left over!
This is one of the spots where I had some of my favorite pictures of her. They normally live in her nursery, but I had pictures of her displayed everywhere.
This was my next favorite decoration (even though it's hard to see). I wanted something that I could use every year and I just love the look of banners. I used one of her weekly fabrics that was the inspiration for the party theme.
And then of course the food table! We served BBQ chicken and ribs with pasta salad, fruit, veggies and punch. Oh, and cake, cookies and homemade ice cream!
Daddy helping her out with the pinata.
Cousin Anthony taking a swing at the indestructible pinata! Seriously, there was no breaking that thing!
Cousin David's turn.
Ready to open presents!
She knew exactly what to do.
She had to take a break to play us a song.
I love the way her cake turned out!
Cake time! At first she wasn't too sure......
......but then I gave her some help......
......and she loved it!
This is one of my favorite pictures!
A mouth full of cake!
She sucked her thumb and fingers to get every last drop!
In the excitement of watching her eat her cake we had an epic birthday fail.
We totally forgot to
1. light her candle,
and 2. SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I can't believe we forgot, and yes I cried!
We did sing happy birthday before the day was over and I know she didn't care (or even know) that we forgot. In the end it was a great day celebrating our Little Miss Sunshine!
Happy 1st Birthday Pretty Girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment