Emma you are ONE year old!
This was your last fabric picture on your birthday! April 27, 2012.
The day before your birthday you had your first kids meal! We were running errands at Target and you were starving so you had the chicken nugget kids meal. As a special treat I let you taste the cherry Icee that came with it and you LOVED it! Later that night you finished off the apples and caramel. Daddy made sure to teach you how to lick all the caramel from the container!
On your actual birthday we celebrated by taking your last monthly pictures at JCPenney. Daddy took off of work so he was with us. We did your smash cake session there and at first you just squished the icing in your hands. I gave you a taste of it and then you went to town! You had a little cake with dinner too!
Now for the monthly updates......
You weigh 25 pounds and 8 ounces. I was a little surprised that that was it. I thought you were already 26 pounds. I know this because we had your one year check up on May 1st. I guess there's one advantage to blogging so late! Ha! You are also 29 inches. In terms of percentiles, you're 46% for height and 96% for weight. A little lopsided, but still perfect!
You wear 12-18 month clothes. There are very few 9 month things that still fit. Okay, so maybe like 3 things. I thought you were ready for a size 4 shoe, but they're still pretty big. The size 3's fit just perfect.
You're still in a size 4 diaper.
You're starting to nurse less and eat more food. You really are starting to need 3 meals a day. You still ask for milk (using signs), but you literally will eat for 5 minutes total. If that. So far I'm doing okay with this, but it's very bittersweet. You definitely still like to nurse in the morning and at night, so we'll see how long that lasts. So far your favorite foods are pretty much all fruit, zucchini, squash, chicken, turkey and blueberries. You are a blueberry monster!
Your sleeping has been good, but you tend to have a couple of off nights where you'll wake up. I swear you've been working on the same teeth for over a month, so I think that has something to do with it. You've also been battling allergies so you tend to get congested, but no other symptoms. You still have 5 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom. Two more teeth on the bottom and one on top are the ones that have been giving you problems. Some days I think I feel that they've popped through, and then the next they're gone. I'm sure it doesn't feel good!
Your favorite toys are still books, your gumball machine, any type of shaker/rattle and balls. Still no walking, but lots of crawling and cruising.
Your vocabulary includes "momma, dadda, agua, dog, night night, hi, wow" and sign words of "more, milk, eat, all done". Your hands down, favorite word is "dog"(said with a Texas accent!) with a close second of "dada."
You're still doing great developmentally. You're above or right on in all areas except physical, just one month behind.
My sweet baby girl, I can not even believe what a blessing this year has been! You've been everything I imagined and more! Words can't even begin to describe how much you've changed our lives and it just keeps getting better. Every day I still look at you and I'm amazed that we made you and how perfect you are. You are growing into such a sweet and beautiful little girl and I'm so proud to be your Mommy! You'll always be my sunshine.
I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment