background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

8 Months

Emma you are 8 months old!



You weigh around 22 pounds.


You wear size 6-9 month, 9 month or 6-12 month clothes. All the brands vary so much! You are also still in size 2 shoe.


You wear size 3 diaper.

You are still nursing really well and have actually started nursing more often. You eat about 6-8 times a day. You are still eating some solids, but you don't always want them. You LOVE your snacks though! Your favorite are Mums Mums, but you also love yogurt melts and puffs.


Sleep. What's that? You haven't been sleeping well. AT ALL! You're up a lot during the night and I still feed you and you'll usually go right back to sleep. You FINALLY stopped sleeping swaddled, but it has been rough. You're still in the co-sleeper and I'm getting anxious about moving you to your crib. Naps are alright and you definitely need 2 naps a day. One is usually good, about 1-1.5 hours, and the second is about 30 minutes.


"look mom, i'm THIS many!"


You've become quite the rolling machine and will roll wherever you want. You're not crawling yet, but you push yourself back and always back yourself underneath things. You're getting better and stronger with your standing.

You still love playing with non-toys, but you got some new toys for Christmas that you love. One of my favorite times of day is in the evening when we play in your room. I love watching you experience and learn new things.



You make the cutest and funniest sounds! My favorite, though, is your belly laugh. You're so ticklish and your daddy loves to kiss your tummy and make you laugh! I could watch and listen to that all day! You're saying both "mama" and "dada" and you're emerging on saying them purposely. When you get tired or are hungry, you definitely say "mama" a lot more!


Developmentally you're still doing great! You are a smidge behind in physical since you're not really crawling or pulling to stand, but I'm not worried at all.


Baby girl the time is flying by! I can't seem to give you enough kisses and hugs! So many times lately I've said "where did my baby go?" Even though I miss that little baby, you're at such a fun age and I know it's only going to get better. Your Daddy and I just sit and laugh and smile at everything you do. We can't imagine life without you!

No comments: