Emma you are 33 weeks!
(on December 14)
This week:
~you saw Santa for a 3rd time and didn't cry! We went to Nanis' work for their annual Wassel Holiday Party and you did great! You got passed around to everyone and were the perfect baby. Pipa was there too and he gave you your first taste of cookie and french fry!
Even though you didn't cry, you sure did look Santa UP and DOWN! Literally, you looked down at his shoes and up to his face and then turned around with a look of "I've seen this guy before, but I'm not convinced!"
~you really started crawling backwards. Well, more like scooting backwards. As you can see in the picture, you started out sitting in front of the Boppy, and next thing I know you're over by Pooh! And yes, that's a calculator you were playing with. It's better than our phones because I don't care if you chew on it.
~you started recognizing us in pictures! It's the cutest thing! I enlarged a couple of the Christmas card pictures we took and framed them in our room. Whenever we walk out of the room I'll stop and point to each of us and say "Mama, Dada, Emma." You get a big smile on your face and do a cute little laugh EVERY time!
~you finally started taking a cloth from your face whenever I put it there and you laugh when I say "Boo!" I don't know if I already documented it, but you finally got the whole object permanence thing down, so Peek-a-Boo is a lot more fun because you know we're still there.
~you also started throwing some things. One night in your room you were getting fussy and as I walked out of the room you picked up a toy and threw it to the side and started to cry. It was kind of funny!
~what's not so funny is that you've been teething. I don't feel any teeth, but you have all of the signs as when your bottom teeth came in-whiny, fussy, cranky and not sleeping good.
(decorating your Christmas tree.)
~you've started using your index fingers to touch things. You look very serious when you do it and I love to watch it.
~for the first time I wasn't home at night to do your bedtime routine and put you to sleep. It made me sad, but you were in great hands with your Daddy and I was helping your Tia Lulu celebrate her last days of being single! Cute story: I told your Daddy that I always sing to you as I'm putting you to sleep and "You Are My Sunshine" is your favorite. I kept asking him what other songs he was going to sing to you and he said he had it under control. Come to find out, you like "Amarillo By Morning" too!
~you've started saying "mamama"! I love it!
~you've also started making the W sound and we laugh every time you say "wow." You like to use lots of inflection with your w's and it's funny!
(your favorite toy!)
~the other sound that you briefly started making (and thankfully I got on video!) is best described as talking with your throat. It's hard to describe but it's so special because I used to talk just like that! When your Nanis saw the video she started to cry because it reminded her of me!
~you started giving your legs a workout and finally started to bounce! Maybe you'll get those leg measurements smaller!
~I'm so lucky to get to spend all these special moments with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment