Emma you are 7 months old!
You wear size 6-9 month clothes and size 2 shoe.
You wear size 3 diaper.
This month you started solids! You eat in the morning and the evening and snack on yogurt melts during the day. So far you've had apple, pear, banana, oatmeal, peas and sweet potato. You like it all! You're still nursing regularly, anywhere from 5-7 times a day.
Your sleep has been a little crazy lately with being sick and all. At one point you were waking up THREE times a night for about a week! That was rough! I was so tired that I would just feed you and you would go back to sleep. You're still sleeping swaddled and in your co-sleeper. You're about 2 pounds away from outgrowing it, but I'm so nervous and anxious about moving you to your crib! It's a good thing we have a comfy bed in the spare bedroom!
Even with the crazy night sleep, you've been doing pretty good with naps. Your morning nap is usually about 2-2.5 hours after you wake up, which is anywhere from 7:30-8:30 am. You'll sleep for at least an hour, but normally about an hour and a half. You'll take at least one more nap about 4 hours after your first, but that one is hit or miss on the quality. If it was bad, you'll cat nap for about 30 minutes around 5:00pm. Lately we've been running a lot of errands and you still do great with being out and about. However, that's why your afternoon naps aren't good because you're no longer that little baby that will sleep anywhere and through anything! There's too much for you to see and too many people to smile at!
You've started going through some separation anxiety this month, (and I may or may not secretly love it)! If someone else is holding you you're constantly looking for me. It's hard when we're home and I'm trying to get things done. If I leave your sight you start to whine and fuss, and if I leave while you're trying to sleep, forget it! That's when you start to cry! I know this too shall pass and I'm soaking it up while I can! You've also started reaching up your arms to be picked up and leaning your body forward to go to people. Your favorite toys this month have been NON-toys! Number 1 is our phones! Then in no particular order we have remotes, paper, the dogs and buttons. Yes, buttons. I was separating some for a craft and I put the left overs in a baggie. You went crazy for them and love to shake and look at them. If you want to see dramatic, take one of these away from you and cover your ears! And yes, you are always closely supervised when playing with these things.
You also love to play on the floor and love being on your tummy! You don't sit for long because you'll get down to your tummy and play. Still no crawling, but you can push yourself back and you also slowly creep forward by pushing off your toes. You're not pulling to stand either, but you can stand for a little while if placed at something. This is fine with me because I'm not sure I'm ready for a mobile baby!

Your personality has been so cute this month with the laughing and babbling! You're pretty ticklish so that always gets laughs out of you. You also like high pitched voices. The other day I said "up up and away" and you cracked up! Of course I repeated it like a 100 times just to hear your laugh! Your babbling is so cute too! You say "yaya, dada, nana (my favorite!)" repetitively and then babble lots of other sounds.
Developmentally you are now at or above age level in all areas. Woohoo!
I can't believe how fast time is going and I'm trying to enjoy and capture all the little things so I don't forget them! You are so loved and have been the biggest blessing in our lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment