Emma you are 31 weeks old!
(on November 30)

This week:
~you celebrated your first Thanksgiving! You had a special meal of sweet potatoes and sweet peas and loved it! You also found a new teething item......celery!

Unfortantely though, you were also sick. You had started coughing the day before and got really bad Thanksgiving night. Your Daddy and I were supposed to go on a date to the UT/A&M football game in College Station and you were going to stay at Nanis and Pipa's house until we got back. Well, I couldn't stand to leave you so your Daddy and Pops went instead. We left to come home around 6:30 pm and you cried and screamed the whole way home. I stopped 10 minutes after leaving, thinking you were just hungry, but nope. Your face was so red and swollen, but I just wanted to get home and it was so hard to listen to you cry! By the time we got home you were still whining and crying, but when I opened the door your face was clear and there were no tears.

This was after we got home and look at your sweet face! You can tell you'd been crying your eyes out. I took you to the doctor and it was just another cold.
~since you were sick, you slept in bed with me a couple nights and started sleeping unswaddled. We'll see if it lasts.
~your Daddy and I got curious about your legs. Everyone always comments on how big they are, so we decided to measure them. And let me just say, I LOVE them! And everything about you, but we were just curious. I guessed your thighs were 8 inches and your Daddy said at least 9.
Well.
We were both wrong. Your CALVES are 8.5 inches, making your thighs 11! Maybe you'll be our little gymnast. Bella Karoli, here we come!

~you have two new sounds. One is blowing through closed lips and the other is spitting with your tongue between your lips. They're equally cute and funny.

~you took an eating hiatus on the 29th. You just don't want solid food when I give it to you. Fine with me and thankfully you're still nursing just fine.
~you developed the cutest little chuckle laugh! You did it one night as I was changing your diaper. Luckily I got it on video.

~you tasted Mum Mums for the first time. No surprises here-you love them! As you can see, it got all over your face. And check out the bottom teeth!

~you melt my heart every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment