Emma you are 17 months old!
(on September 27, 2012)
(on September 27, 2012)
This month:
~ you mastered your wooden peg toy and the ring stacker. You're not putting the rings on in order, but this is the first time that you've cared to actually put them on.
~you started saying "eye" and "Koda". You love your Koda!
~on August 30th I got a huge surprise and realized that you were getting FOUR new teeth at once! That explained some whiny and fussy behavior we'd been experiencing.
~like you saw in this post, you started school on September 5th. I just teared up reading it again. :(
~on September 9th you had your first play session in the dog's water bowl. I consider us lucky that it took 16 months for this to happen. That afternoon you also showed off your walking skills and walked to the park with Daddy. It's less than 1/4 mile from our house, but still, it's a long way for little legs!
~the next day you started saying "cookie" for Cookie Monster and you started signing and saying "play". You also started saying "school" and "toys". On the 13th you added "Barney" and "bite" to your vocabulary.
~you started loving to wash your hands and now if I say it you'll go to the hall bathroom.
~your pretend play has taken off and you like to feed the dogs a bottle and you will also feed your babies. Your babies appreciate it. The dogs, not so much.
~you experienced your first major tummy issue. There was no throwing up, but rather from the other end. I figured out that when you started school I was sending pouch fruit with you almost every day as a snack. I think it shocked your system since you'd never really had it before and it was causing major problems! You were pooping in the middle of the night (which NEVER happens) and proceeding to poop multiple times a day. Once I stopped giving it to you, all was right again. No more pouch fruit for you!
~the 14th was the first day that you didn't cry when I dropped you off at school!
~as a follow up to something you started doing last month, now when you put your arms out when you're looking for something you'll also say "go??" It's too cute!
~you started to point out body parts on other people. Multiple times a day you will remind Daddy and I where our "eyes, nose, mouth" are. Thank you baby!
~you've become a master cleaner upper!
~you had your first trip to the zoo! I'll have to do a separate post on that, but your favorite part was the elephants and dancing!
~you started jumping and turning. The jumping is funny, but watching you turn in circles is not. You almost give us a heart attack every time because your balance isn't the best and you've come so close to hitting your head.
~you went to your very first high school football game! Your Daddy had to go to the CE King high school game and they just so happened to be playing our alma mater, Barbers Hill! We met your Nana and Pops there a little before halftime (Momma wanted to see the drill team!) and Daddy was able to meet us in the stands. It was so special getting to experience your first football game in the very same stadium where Daddy and Mommy used to spend their Friday nights! We didn't last long because all you wanted to do was be let loose to roam around, but I know this won't be your last game!
~every day is an adventure with you and we wouldn't have it any other way!
~you started saying "eye" and "Koda". You love your Koda!
~on August 30th I got a huge surprise and realized that you were getting FOUR new teeth at once! That explained some whiny and fussy behavior we'd been experiencing.
~like you saw in this post, you started school on September 5th. I just teared up reading it again. :(
~on September 9th you had your first play session in the dog's water bowl. I consider us lucky that it took 16 months for this to happen. That afternoon you also showed off your walking skills and walked to the park with Daddy. It's less than 1/4 mile from our house, but still, it's a long way for little legs!
~the next day you started saying "cookie" for Cookie Monster and you started signing and saying "play". You also started saying "school" and "toys". On the 13th you added "Barney" and "bite" to your vocabulary.
~you started loving to wash your hands and now if I say it you'll go to the hall bathroom.
~your pretend play has taken off and you like to feed the dogs a bottle and you will also feed your babies. Your babies appreciate it. The dogs, not so much.
~you experienced your first major tummy issue. There was no throwing up, but rather from the other end. I figured out that when you started school I was sending pouch fruit with you almost every day as a snack. I think it shocked your system since you'd never really had it before and it was causing major problems! You were pooping in the middle of the night (which NEVER happens) and proceeding to poop multiple times a day. Once I stopped giving it to you, all was right again. No more pouch fruit for you!
~the 14th was the first day that you didn't cry when I dropped you off at school!
~as a follow up to something you started doing last month, now when you put your arms out when you're looking for something you'll also say "go??" It's too cute!
~you started to point out body parts on other people. Multiple times a day you will remind Daddy and I where our "eyes, nose, mouth" are. Thank you baby!
~you've become a master cleaner upper!
~you had your first trip to the zoo! I'll have to do a separate post on that, but your favorite part was the elephants and dancing!
~you started jumping and turning. The jumping is funny, but watching you turn in circles is not. You almost give us a heart attack every time because your balance isn't the best and you've come so close to hitting your head.
~you went to your very first high school football game! Your Daddy had to go to the CE King high school game and they just so happened to be playing our alma mater, Barbers Hill! We met your Nana and Pops there a little before halftime (Momma wanted to see the drill team!) and Daddy was able to meet us in the stands. It was so special getting to experience your first football game in the very same stadium where Daddy and Mommy used to spend their Friday nights! We didn't last long because all you wanted to do was be let loose to roam around, but I know this won't be your last game!
~every day is an adventure with you and we wouldn't have it any other way!
No comments:
Post a Comment