Emma you are 18 months old!
(on October 27, 2012)
This month:
~your vocabulary continued to grow and you officially reached 50 words! New words are: "Gordies (Nanis and Pipa's bulldog, therefore every bulldog you see is "Gordies"), Nanis, please, here you go, hot, milk, duck, door, apple, sky, moon, spider". I'm going to stop counting now because you're seriously saying something new everyday! One proud mommy right here!
~on October 1st you threw trash away all by yourself. We were in the living room and I saw that you had picked up a piece of plastic and before I knew it you had walked into the kitchen and came back empty handed.
~you know the hand motions for tons of songs. Some of your favorites are "Happy and You Know It", "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Head Shoulder Knees and Toes". It's no surprise that your favorite activity at school is music time!
~on October 6th we headed down to Lake Jackson for your cousin Andy's baptism. You wore your very first smocked dress! Unfortunately you were so sick and had 102.4 fever at one point. I took you to the doctor because I was worried it was pink eye, but it was a sinus infection. Looking back and knowing what I know now, it was also the beginning of a never-ending ear infection that resulted in your first surgery to get ear tubes. That story and post is coming soon!
~you started to kick a ball! You also started to walk backwards. Yay for gross motor skills!
~you were assigned your first chore. Actually, you took it upon yourself to do it, you little over-achiever!
We have to feed the dogs separately or else Koda will eat everything, so Boomer eats in the living room. You kept playing with his food bowl if we didn't pick it up quick enough, so I decided to show you where it went. The next night you picked it up and started walking to the laundry room (where it goes). I followed you and sure enough you put it away! Now, every time you do it you get the biggest smile on your face and will clap and say "yay!".
~on October 12th you officially threw up for the first time. Yuck! Your Daddy and I went in to get you that morning before school and it was everywhere! You must have done it at some point the night before because it wasn't "fresh". (Pardon the visual.) I never heard you cry on the monitor and I didn't hear anything. I had to go to work so Daddy was able to stay home with you. You were perfectly fine the rest of the day and neither of us got sick, so we ruled out a tummy bug. Once I started to think about it, I felt like a TERRIBLE mommy because I think it was my fault. :( The day before we had gone to Target after school and I had bought you yogurt. When we got home I forgot it in the car and 30 minutes or so passed before I remembered. It was still cool so I thought it would be fine and I just put it in the fridge. Well, what do you think you had with dinner that night? Of course some yogurt. I promptly threw it away the next day and felt horrible. Sorry baby girl!
~later that night of the 12th you picked up the sign and word for "music" and used it to request songs during bathtime.
~you know what "hot" means and will blow on your food. Or rather, you'll blow everywhere but your food, but it's still cute!
~you've gotten really good at puzzles! You've mastered all the ones we have, so I'm on the lookout for new ones.
~you know the names of your friends at school and will repeat them all. So cute!
~the most fun thing has been your discovery of jewelry! It started when you figured out how to open my jewelry box, so I gave you all the rubber bracelets (like the Livestrong ones) that I'd collected through the years. There was no turning back after that!
~Emma, you're our little princess and you make us so proud every day!
1 comment:
you are so lucky she has only thrown up once! G has been a projectile puker from day one! It's terrible! I swear our next house will not have one inch of carpet!
Post a Comment