Emma you are 3 weeks old!
(a week ago!)
~You finally reached your birth weight! You weighed 10.3 on 5-17-11.
~We're starting to get out more to run errands. I still get nervous that you'll miss a feeding or worry about where I'll nurse you, but it's getting better.
~You've started to spit up alot and it makes me worried. Thankfully it doesn't seem to bother you at all, but I wish I knew how to stop it. The gas however makes you really uncomfortable and it breaks my heart to see you trying to get it out.
~You squirm ALOT in your sleep! I think alot of it is gas issues and being uncomfortable. I've woken up a couple of times and found you against the side of the co-sleeper, or completely sideways in it. It freaks me out, but that's why I love the co-sleeper because you're so easy to see and fix without me hardly moving at all.
~You are grunting alot! Again I think alot of it is gas. You are a noisy sleeper and you still grunt when you're mad.
~You've also started to make open vowel sounds like the "ahs" and "ehs."
~Dare I say it, but I think you've established a nightime routine! Well it depends on what time you go to bed, but you really only get up twice. If you go to bed before 10 pm, then you wake up around midnight, 3am and then 5 or 6 am. If you go to bed after 10 pm then you'll just wake up around 3 am and 5 am.
~You've found your hand and thumb to suck on. You'll do it when you get a bath or when you're hungry.
~You've really started to stare at us and follow us with your eyes. I love it!
~You continue to be the sunshine in our lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment